Dum de Dum (that was my version of a drumroll)…… to announce the beginning of Swimsuit Season. Ladies (and gents), pharm it IS upon us!
If you are seeing this, it is NOT too late, you can burn fat and get your six pack started for the summer! Remember, always mix up your workout to see better results, it’s not the QUANTITY of time, it’s the QUALITY of the workout!
Below is the breakdown preview of my new sexy swimsuit sweat session workout, its great cardio to blast fat with a special focus on your core to help tone and tighten your abs! Follow along in real time HERE!
What you need:
- Stopwatch or Interval Timer (I use Gymboss because you can set it to beep automatically so you don’t have to keep checking your watch!)
*30 seconds each exercise
- Heel Touches
- Lateral Jumps
- Straight Leg Toe Touches
- Lateral Jumps
- Straight Leg Windmills
- Lateral Jumps
- Side Plank Reach Through
- + 60 sec. Plank Hold
Total Workout Time: 9 min!
Leave a comment below and let me know what you think! If you want to really challenge yourself, try these other fun workouts too:
My FREE newsletter: http://bit.ly/JFJemr
Full Length Workouts & Diet Plan: www.FitStrongandSexy.com
“April Showers Bring May Flowers”
10 Ways to Help You Spring into Summer
The long heavy nights, prostate knitted scarfs, no rx mud boots, and gloomy winter days feel like they are never going to end…how many more TV shows and movies can I watch? I tell myself that before next winter, “I’m moving somewhere warm.” This happens to be the main topic of conversation in my home. I have had enough of the frigid winter; fantasies for sandy white beaches, bikinis, sunglasses, blue skies, flip-flops and the smell of coconut oil pervade my mind. However, I live in the mountains so these fantasies may not come entirely true.
April presents the promise of spring with just a flirtation of summer. The senses become alive again; the world becomes vibrant with green grass, a deep blue sky, blooming daffodils, skipping chipmunks, chatty birds, warm kisses from the sun, rain showers, and the beginning bounties of berries and dark leafy greens. Ahhh spring, the time of re-birth and creation.
It’s time to pull ourselves out of winter slumber and into the promise of summer. This transition donates the time of schlepping off the old worn out layers to create space for a newly rested and revived self. Mother earth is energized, full of potent creative energy ready to take fruition. Enjoy these 10 tips to help you embrace the spring and bloom into summer.
- Get Up and Get Moving – Sleeping in cause’s lethargy, try rising with the sun.
- Make a Refreshing Ginger-Brew – Blend a thumb size piece of ginger, the juice of 2 lemons and 2 cups of water until very frothy, strain into a cup, add honey or maple syrup to taste and Enjoy!
- Hit up the Spring Bounty – Have a bowl of seasonal berries for breakfast. Strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries are all in season.
- Take a Yoga Class that will Challenge you and Make you Sweat – Creating heat and stimulating circulation throughout the body will help rid your body of mucus and stagnant toxins that may be lingering from the winter.
- Spice up Your Food – Adding chili peppers, ginger, garlic, or even black pepper to your meal will stimulate the digestive fire for quicker removal of toxins from the digestive tract.
- Do a Cleanse – Try an Ayurvedic cleanse which is both detoxifying and replenishing for the whole system.
- Make a New Playlist – Find songs that make you feel happy and make you wanna move.
- Tune up Your Bike – Be prepared for a spontaneous bike ride with your friends.
- Expose a Little Skin – Time to retire the boots and heavy sweaters and pull out the sandals, tank-tops and summer dresses.
- Buy Yourself a New Favorite Everyday Summer Dress – One that you can wear casually and also dress it up.
Me in my new French Terry Mini Dress by SOLOW, my everyday new spring favorite!
When it comes to exercise we mainly think about exercising our bodies. Well, check how about exercising our facial muscles?
Your facial muscles need exercise like the rest of your body. Facial muscles help you to express different emotions, see and help contour and shape your face.
By regularly exercising your various facial muscles, buy you can help to maintain their firmness, which will support your skin and prevent sagging. Increasing blood flow and circulation to the facial muscles may also help counteract wrinkles.
Here are my top favorite facial exercises! Try raising one eyebrow at a time. Can you do it?
1) Scrunch face
2) Expando face
3) One eyebrow at a time face
4) Fish face
5) Monkey face
6) Happy face
Outfit | Greys & Geometric
I am a total SUCKER for athletic leggings since I practically live in them (if you didn’t know, I am a dance and fitness instructor, so leggings are apart of my uniform). So, naturally, I fell in LOVE withSolow‘s SOLOW SPORT Legging with Geometric Rib Yoke. The leggings are in one of my fave colors, Heather Charcoal (staple); it has great stretch and breaths well; and a great ribbed yoke detail. Do you love athletic leggings as well? Check out my Wednesday Workout Regiment:
x30 Second Plank
x16 Mountain Climbers
x15 Second Plank
x8 Mountain Climbers
x24 Heel Lifts (Right)
x24 Heel Lifts (Left)
x16 Side Knee Lifts (Right)
x16 Side Knee Lifts (Left)
x10 Second Plank
x16 Crunches w/Knees in Tabletop
x16 Crunch w/Straight Legs to Ceiling
x16 Bicycle Crunches
The top 10 reasons to try Bar Method:
1) Efficient and effective. We target the muscles that show the greatest definition to create lasting body changes.
2) Slims and tones. Using a fast paced form of interval training we maximize caloric burn during and after class. This gives students leaner, slimmer bodies after a few months of coming to class 3-5 times per week.
3) Strategic class design. Each exercise has been organized into its specific place and time during class to alternate between the front and back sides of the body. Strategic class organization allows us to tone one side of the body while elongating the other side that was just worked.
4) Safe and therapeutic. We keep students’ joints safe by designing all of our exercises under the strict recommendations of physical therapists and medical consultants.
5) Rigorously trained teachers. Bar Method teachers are not only trained on anatomy, physiology but also the the very specific way in which we teach. We are consistently going through re-education and testing to ensure Bar Method studios around the nation are upholding our high standards.
6) Help students achieve their individual goals. Bar Method teachers know their students’ names, learn their goals, to help guide each student towards achieving them. We strive to create a personal environment in which every student not only feels comfortable coming to work out but feels welcomed into our Bar Method family.
7) Tailored for a wide range of body types and ages. The Bar Method is dedicated to making the benefits of its workout accessible to students of varying body types, ages and fitness levels. No matter if a student has a previous injury, lack of flexibility, sensitive joints, etc. Bar Method has modifications to allow every student to benefit from the workout.
8) Improves posture and coordination. Bar Method makes it a priority to improve students’ posture by giving them 1-on-1 guidance on body awareness and alignment.
9) High quality classes at all locations. Bar Method teachers audition to be accepted into the training program. Trainees then study for approximately 6 months and take a series of exams before becoming qualified to teach. Teachers are then continuously educated and tested to ensure students always get a well-taught, body-changing workout in every studio they attend.
10) Beautiful and supportive studios. The Bar Method upholds a standard of clean, serene, and welcoming environments. Most importantly, the Bar Method students become members of a bonded community where they feel a sense of belonging as they reinvent themselves, physically and mentally.
Winter seems to be holding on strong and not wanting to let go. And as we transition from winter to spring and the weather gets a bit mixed up, no rx tea can be just what the doctor ordered!
And to make your tea tastier & more beneficial for your body, cialis try adding these items to your cup:
Raw Honey: adds sweetness
-helps improve allergies
-staves of cold symptoms
Turmeric: will add spice & color to your tea
-also helps flatulence, jaundice, menstrual difficulties, chest pain, and colic
-acts as an agent against Alzheimer’s
-improves liver function
Triphala: will melt into the taste of the tea (naturally bitter)
-assists natural internal cleansing
-nourishes and rejuvenates the tissue
-supports healthy digestion and absorption
-acts as a natural antioxidant
Mint: adds a soothing taste
-improves weight loss
Ginger: will heat up your inner fire (agni)
-encourages proper digestion
-acts as a decongestant
-encourages nutrient absorption
-helps dull appetite
So next time your reach for a cup of tea, consider adding one of these ingredients to helps boost your body & your spirits!
From wild child to professional dancer… I was the least likely candidate to become a Senior Yoga Teacher. I became a professional dancer at a young age and headed straight for New York City. My days were spent going to auditions, attending dance classes, rehearsing and then dancing in the clubs until dawn. Eventually, my body started to break down, and so did my big elaborate world.
In the late 1990’s, after years of failing to wean myself off of the party scene, I stumbled into a yoga class at Jivamukti in NYC. For the first time in my life, I truly heard my inner being. The message was very clear: “Joan, you must start taking care of yourself.”
Shortly after that class, I found my way to Santa Monica, California. I ended up in a Mysore Ashtanga room at Yogaworks, taught by Maty Ezraty. I specifically remember the seriousness of the practitioners and Maty’s powerful, intense energy.
I walked in and walked right out.
A friend called me later that day and talked me into coming back. While I was intimidated, I was still a bit curious. That was twelve years ago. I have been practicing Ashtanga yoga daily ever since. Maty has been my mentor and one of the most inspirational people on my path as a yoga student as well as a yoga teacher.
During my early years of practice, I experienced a lot of transformation. Transformation is a bumpy, fiery path that can burn! I committed to this practice and found the discipline to do the work it takes to make the leap from party girl to a serious and respected yoga teacher. It was Maty’s teaching that grounded me during those years.
Maty encouraged me to be my best, helping me discover what was underneath all of the noise. It was hard to face myself at times, but her fearless teaching and her committed to being her authentic self, helped me stay committed to my path.
Since my time with Maty I’ve gone off into the world and explored different teachers. I recently reconnected with her, assisting her and practicing with her here in Los Angeles. I discovered how lucky I am to have had such an inspiration early in my career. It gave me the opportunity to recognize my growth. Here I am – now 12 years later – practicing with her at a whole new level. I’m not the same. Realizing how far I have come inspires me.
Here are a few things I have learned both from my brilliant teacher and my path as a yoga teacher and how I put what I learned into practice
• Your practice defines your teaching. Your teaching is only as deep as your practice. I am not referring to advanced poses , but our ability and commitment to peel the layers and discover what is actually underneath.
• Spending time with people that inspire you, or your teachers, is important! You will be reminded to be grateful for your gift and humbled to be on this path where you get to do what you love for a living.
• Keep doing the work and stay committed to YOU. Your truth is what you feel in your heart. Teach from this place and success will come.
I was able to confirm a truth I already know: We are more than our thoughts. Learn to meditate and be fearless about what is going on inside and open up your mind. Your highest potential exists way beyond your thoughts! Believe in yourself & be real! Keep it simple and remember Yoga Works!
By Joan Hyman
A 5, patient 000-year-old practice, treatment yoga has gained popularity in the United States. Yoga is said to contribute to our physical and mental well-being. Yoga is not considered a religious practice, but rather a philosophy of creating an internal environment that promotes health and vitality.
Studies have shown benefit when dealing with cancer. With its slow, gentle movements, the practice of yoga may be possible for people who are otherwise limited in their activities due to fatigue, shortness of breath, and other symptoms of cancer and cancer treatment. Yoga can help you center your thoughts and maintain flexibility, but also has benefits specifically for people living with cancer.
Benefits include: reduced stress, sound sleep, lower blood pressure, lower heart rate and a sense of well-being.
Produced by Pranamaya LLC. Directors Harley Rinzler and Tracee Stanley
Director of Photography- Alexandra Lipsitz, Camera- Emmerson
Boergadine, Audio- Shania Rosenthal, Editor- Alexandra Lipsitz, Assistant Editor- Jon Smith, Special Thanks Music – Pure- Blackbird Blackbird and Om Records and Re-Recording Mixer Patrick Grandclaudon
Get Fit With Brand Ambassador Amanda Russell!
Chair Workout- Sit Down and Tone Up
This workout is for all of you who sit behind the desk all day! Just because you are tied to you chair doesn’t mean you can’t stay committed to your 2014 fitness goals! When all else fails and I just can’t get away from my desk, see this is my ‘go-to’ chair workout. It’s also a great routine if you have injuries in the lower body that get aggravated with impact or standing!
What You Need:
- Interval Timer or Stopwatch (I use Gymboss Interval timer since you can set it easily and it beeps so you don’t have to keep checking the time).
- A chair
Get the Look:
- Shirt: Solow Style
3 Sets of 30 seconds
- Sitting in chair – abs tight – lift and legs straight out/scissor them
- 30 Seconds arms up over head wheelies
- Seated Jumping Jacks (open and close arms and legs as fast as possible)
- Abs Twister
- Seated Leg Lifts
- Seated Legs Circles
Don’t forget to post your comments and let me know if you tired it out while SITTING there WATCHING it!
Keep raising the standard beautiful!